Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CVS Memorial Day Sale!!!

On my way home from the lake, I stopped into CVS for their two day sale. I only had 4 ECB's going in, so I knew I would have to do multiple transactions. I searched the store high and low for the Neutrogena 1 oz sunscreen that would have given me a 6.00 profit, but I could not find any! :( Onward, and upward...

My best find of the day was a clearance cart of overstocked baby stuff for 75% off! I have TWO pregnant sisters, both due this summer. The one clearance cart had 25 oz Enfamil canisters for 6.50! The same type one of my sister's used with her first baby. I rang up most of the baby purchases separately, as I couldn't possibly use my ECB's on something that wouldn't roll!

Here's the baby stuff.

3 Enfamil Lipil 19.50
1 Enfamil Gentlease 7.10
2 A&D Zinc Ointments 3.30
2 2 pks Playskool Sippy Cups (for Aunt Lindsey's house) 3.80

Total 34.20! The cost of one can of formula at Walmart is around 27.00!

Here's my multiple transactions! The cashier was great, but my only complaint is she wouldn't let me use coupons with clearance items. I'd never heard of this before, and I could have gotten some other great deals from the clearance bins!

Transaction #1
Colgate Total 4 oz 2.99
Playtex 18 ct tampons 3.99

Coupons:
1.00 Colgate
1.00 Playtex
4.00 ECB

Total OOP: 1.19
Earned 5 ECB

#2
Aveeno Baby Lotion 1.90
Speed Stick Pro 3.99

Coupons:
5 ECB
I had an Aveeno coupon, but she would not let me use it due to the clearance price.

Total OOP: 0.96
Earned 3.99 ECB

#3
Clearasil Face Wash 3.99

Coupon:
3.99 ECB

Total OOP: 0.00
Earned 3.99 ECB

#4
Men's Speed Stick 3.99

Coupon:
3.99 ECB

Total OOP: 0.00
Earned 3.99 ECB

#5
Revlon Nail Color 3.99

Coupon:
3.99 ECB

Total OOP: 0.00
Earned 3 ECB

The total value of this stuff was 24.84. I paid 2.15 OOP and used 1 ECB! Happy Day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you for this great site and your great tips to saving! I check this blog many times a day....just to be sure I don't miss something! Is Bryan the nearest CVS? I have never shopped at one before.

Lindsey said...

Emily, You are so welcome! Thanks for the compliment! It's a blast, and I have saved sooo much $$! Usually I only post a couple times per week, and usually the deals are weekly, unless it's a printable coupon or something like that. Bryan has the nearest CVS, but I also go to Angola too during the summer months. Sometimes it's worth driving to, especially if you carpool!

Lisa Smith said...

I love shopping at CVS since I have found you can get such great deals! It is so fun to see what you can get without spending that much money. My husband the other day asked if we had more toothpaste...I guess he hadn't seen the 4 stockpiled under the cabinet I received for free!

Nichole Anne said...

BTW, I am lame, & have been carrying around printouts of the coupon policies of CVS, Walgreens, Target, & Wal-mart, w/ me at all times. When the cashier gives me crap, I whip them out & show them that I know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, a lot of their workers are not too well trained & have no idea how to even deal with coupons. Unless Reno, is insanely different than Northwest Ohio, I would assume this could work, as well. Not even joking, has saved me quite a bit of hassle & grief! :)