Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quite the motherload, if I do say so myself...

I have not REALLY gotten groceries in...quite a while. My last big grocery bill was 75.00 on -- get this, January 12th!!! I of course have been places to get some groceries, but nothing major. Needless to say, I needed to get food.

Meijer has a great 10/10 sale this week with tons of coupon matchups. If you want more details on this check out www.bargainbriana.com. I will try my best to give you an accurate picture of how I did on my next post, without typing everything out.

First, I went to Kroger while monkey boy was at a football clinic. I only went for the sale items, and I had planned most of this out ahead of time. They have a mega event going, so when you buy 10 participating items 5.00 will be taken off at checkout. Basically, you end up paying 0.50 less than the sale price for each item.

What I bought:
2 Quaker Rice Cakes 0.99 each
8 Land o Lakes Buttery Taste Spread 0.99 each
Q-Tips 2.00
Dannon Light and Fit 6 pack 2.50
2 Kroger 1/2 gallon milks 0.88 each
2 Ritz Crackers 2/5.00
Yo Plus Yogurt 4pk 2.49

Coupons used:
5.00 Mega Event (came off at checkout)
2 1.00 Quaker
8 0.50 Land o Lakes (doubled)
0.30 Q-Tip (doubled)
1.00 Light and Fit
2.00/2 Ritz
1.00 Yo Plus E Coupon

Total OOP 8.16

My receipt said coupon savings was 15.30, bonus coupon savings 4.30, and Plus Card savings 13.17. That's an 80% savings!

I'm not sure how one family can use all of this margarine without inducing a massive coronary, but I will give it my best shot! So, using the coupons along with the sale worked out great today! The 8 tubs of margarine were all free, as were the rice cakes. The yogurt was a good price, and I was completely out. Not to mention the price of the milk!

No comments: