Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Walgreens 3/4/09

Walgreens tonight was kind of frustrating, but, in the end, turned out OK. They were out of most of the Register Reward (RR) items that I wanted, and don't get a truck in until Friday. Well, of course, I can't go again this week, but I am sure I will survive.

I couldn't quite figure out how to put this together, and I am sure I could have saved a bit more. I also screwed up my Vaseline deal by buying four bottles of lotion in one transaction. Instead of getting 8.00 in RR, I only got 2. It would have been a BIG moneymaker. I should have split them up into single transactions. Lesson learned: RR will only print for one item, not four. Buy one at a time. By the way, you can't use a RR to turn around and pay for the same item again.

Transaction #1
2 Colgate Total 4 oz. 3.49 each
Colgate MaxFresh 3.29
Gillette Fusion Gamer 10.49 (I thought this was on sale, with better RR. Guess not.)
6 Nabisco Ritz Crackers 2/1.99 (just little fellas, one sleeve each)

Coupons Used:
2.50 Colgate Total in the EasySaver Catalog (takes 2.50 off each tube)
4.00 Gillette Fusion
2-0.75 Colgate
1.50 Colgate
3-2.00 off 2 Ritz

Total OOP: 10.20 with tax
Used GC for 9.30
Paid 0.90 OOP

Earned 4.00 RR for Fusion Razor, 3.50 for Colgate MaxFresh (even though price is only 3.29)

Transaction #2 aka, the big screwup!
4 Vaseline Lotions at 2.69 each
2 Extra Gum 8 pk 2/2.49

Coupons Used:
3-1.50 Vaseline Lotion
0.55 Vaseline Lotion
In ad coupon for Extra
7.50 RR from Transaction #1

Total OOP 1.45

Earned 2.00 RR for Vaseline :( Should have been 8 RR had I thought it out a little better.

After I figured out that I screwed up, I went back to the pharmacy to redeem myself. I wanted to get the diaper coupons in the Pharmacy Savings Plan booklet. I did get a booklet, but without the diaper coupon. Then, I transferred a prescription, and got a 25.00 GC from the pharmacy for the transfer! That made me feel a little better. All in all, not a bad night. 7.35 OOP for 48.84 worth of products and a prescription. Plus, I came home with the 25.00 GC!

No comments: