Sunday, January 10, 2010

Trying Again...

Well, here I am again, after another lengthy break.  This fall was absolutely crazy around here.  For the last four weeks I have enjoyed not having to worry about my classes, and have been able to go and do as I please.  It has been wonderful!  My new niece and nephew are both absolutely adorable.  One is a firecracker baby, and the other was born August 4th.  It has been fun to watch them grow and begin to develop their distinct personalities.

At the persistent urging of a friend, I am going to give the blog one last try.  I love to do it, but the time it takes to create the posts is quite consuming at times.  This friend, who I will call "Megan", has decided to create her own blog.  She also loves to save money, but is blogging on alternative ways to save while maintaining a lifestyle based on simplicity.  She is also blogging about food, design, remodeling, travel, technology, and photography.  She has some great ideas and suggestions, and her blog is very interesting.  Check it out at http://www.megasimple.blogspot.com/

I have been shopping when my schedule allows, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rite Aid right now!  From July to December, I received checks totaling over $350.00.  Knowing that I usually have profitable trips, it is safe to say that I bought over $500.00 worth of merchandise!  Right now Rite Aid is sponsoring a Game of Life SweepstakesAdperks is a great benefit to have available when shopping Rite Aid, and the opportunity to obtain a 5.00 off of a 20.00 purchase is incredible!  For me, it is close and convenient, and also very simple.  The ability to combine the adperks and other Rite Aid coupons with manufacturer coupons helps to bring down out of pocket totals.  Then add the Single Check Rebate Program savings to that!

Although I've been busy coming up with decent deals, I think my proudest couponing moment came Friday, when we finished up the last roll of toilet paper in the main bathroom in the house.  It marked the end of the $2.50 toilet paper that I bought in APRIL of 2009!  Yes, 36 rolls for $2.50 and it lasted us eight full months!  That is one I will never forget!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Linds...I'm so glad you are back. Let the money saving begin! You are so sneaky...."ho I will call "Megan". You crack me up! Can't wait to start our money saving class.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so excited you're back!

Crystal

Em said...

Glad to see you are back on the blogging bandwagon! One of my assistants received an 80.00 Rite Aid check in one month this Fall! That's crazy! Can't wait ot see your posts!